How can you keep up your Spanish?
Go to the Sites of Interest tab on this blog to find some helpful websites for many of the following activities.
– Watch about five minutes of TV a day in Spanish. Watch either a Spanish station, or use the SAP option.
– Watch one of your favorite DVDs in Spanish with English subtitles.
– Go over your vocabulary from Spanish class at least once a week.
– Listen to a Spanish radio station (Look at the websites I have listed at http://www.quia.com/profiles/crose11 and go to the Spanish I page OR look at the Sites of Interest tab)
– Don´t be afraid to talk to native Spanish speakers! Most of the time they LOVE that you are trying to learn their language and this is the best practice you can get!
– Speak Spanish with other students that took Spanish!
– Read children´s books or comic books in Spanish. They are on-line and at the library. (Check out my Quia.com site for websites http://www.quia.com/profiles/crose11)
– Go to http://www.quia.com/profiles/crose11 to get all sorts of links to Internet resources and podcasts.
– Get your Ipod going! Download free podcasts or buy your favorite songs (Sites of Interest tab) If you look on iTunes Latino, they have a free Spanish download per week. It is usually a lesser known artist, but they have some good songs.