Go to the site below to make your recording:
Sign in with your class period last name, first name
Example: 1 Doe, John
These are the buttons – RECORD STOP PLAY DELETE SAVE
On the cord of the headset, set it to microphone.
Set the computer’s volume to high.
Put the microphone directly in front of your mouth.
SPEAK LOUDLY SO THAT I CAN HEAR YOU. I WON’T BE ABLE TO HEAR WHISPERS, AND YOU WON’T GET A GRADE IF I CAN’T HEAR YOU.
Click on the RECORD BUTTON ON THE LEFT AND RECORD.
Click on the STOP BUTTON WHEN YOU FINISH.
Click on the GREEN CHECK √ TO SAVE YOUR WORK.
Remember: Only record once!!!
Today you need to RESEARCH information to help you write, in English, your response to the following prompt:
Write a letter to a prospective foreign language student. In this letter, you will explain three benefits of learning a foreign language.
You will need to give supporting evidence for each of the three benefits.
1. Take 10 minutes to brainstorm the benefits that you can think of. WRITE them on your WORKSHEET.
2. READ 5 ARTICLES at my Why Study Spanish tab (look above), and TAKE NOTES, INCLUDING INFORMATION ABOUT THE WEBSITE, THE AUTHOR, ETC. YOU WILL TURN IN YOUR NOTES!!
At my Why Study Spanish tab, you will find the following:
• a site with 700 reasons to study Spanish
• articles about learning languages
• career possibilities with foreign language skills
• an article, “This I believe”, written about learning a foreign language
3. When you begin your letter, you will need a hook to get your reader’s attention. PLAN YOUR HOOK AND WRITE IT ON YOUR WORKSHEET. You will probably find that it’s easier to do this AFTER you have written the letter. HOWEVER, DON’T FORGET TO DO IT!!!
These are a few possibilities.
• a quote
• a statistic
• an interesting fact
• a question
4. ON YOUR WORKSHEET, FILL IN THE BENEFITS THAT YOU PLAN TO DISCUSS.
5. BELOW THE BENEFITS, WRITE 3 EXAMPLES, FACTS OR REASONS THAT PROVIDE PROOF THAT YOUR STATEMENT IS TRUE. (Fill this information in on your worksheet)
6. You will need to link your ideas from one paragraph to another with TRANSITION WORDS.
ON YOUR WORKSHEET, WRITE THE TRANSITION WORDS THAT YOU COULD USE TO LEAD INTO THE NEXT PARAGRAPH. (You should use different ones each time)
7. Plan your CLOSING STATEMENT. You can review the benefits and try to make your reader think beyond what you have stated by asking him/her a question that would provoke more thought.
If you finish early, go to these sites to practice:
Los adjetivos (pelirrojo=redhead, tonto=foolish)
Los adjetivos / hangman
You will record Thursday.